OVERVIEW (DEGREE PROGRAM)
The application details for spring and fall programs are listed below. Only online application will be accepted. Applicants who are unqualified or submit incomplete documentation will be rejected directly. Please note that applications received beyond the deadline will not be processed and application documents will not be returned. For special cases, please contact our staff directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Office hours: 8:00 am – 5:10 pm from Monday to Friday (break time from 12:00 pm – 13:10). (GMT+8)
* If your application documents are incomplete, you will not pass the first review stage.
|Fall semester 2022||Spring semester 2023|
|Application period||January 25, 2022
March 31, 2021
|July 12, 2022
November 15, 2022
|Admission result announced||May 30, 2022||November 30, 2022
(We are going to announce the admission in the second week of December.
|Confirm acceptance and fill out Enrollment Survey||June 15, 2022||December 6, 2022|
|Admission letters mailed||June 30, 2022||December 15, 2022|
1. Who are international students?
A. Students who have foreign nationality and are not students who possess the ROC passports.
B. Students who have never undertaken studies in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student.
C. Students are expected to make sure whether they are qualified for programs based on “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” by the Ministry of Education.
2. Academic Qualification Requirements
- International applicants with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs;
- International applicants with a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for master’s degree programs;
- International applicants with a master’s degree are eligible to apply for PhD programs.
Applicants must submit all required documents through the online application system by the deadline.
- Application form attached with a 2-inch recent ID photo Download
- Highest-level diploma in English or Chinese from the last school you attended
- Official transcript in English or Chinese from the school you attended
- Calculate your GPA: https://gpacalculator.io/
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study plan (for Master’s programs and Ph.D. programs only)
- One copy of the passport
- One copy of the financial statement with at least US$5,000 deposit within six months
- If the financial statement is not in the name of the applicant, a letter of affidavit from the sponsor must be included. Download
- Scholarship recipients may submit proof of award in lieu of a financial statement.
- Official language proficiency certificate
- English(TOEFL Score Report, IELTS Score Report, TOEIC Score Report)
- Chinese(TOCFL Score Report, HSK Score Report)
*The highest-level diploma and transcript issued by the international academic institution must be authenticated by the ROC embassy, consulate, representative office or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Taiwan, ROC., (hereinafter referred to as “a Taiwan’s overseas representative office”) . Students who are not yet awarded diploma are not required to hand in the diplomas during the application. However, once admitted, students will be required to submit the highest-level diplomas and academic transcripts by the time of enrollment, or the admission will be canceled.
Language Proficiency Requirement
- Asia University offers English-taught and Chinese-taught degree programs. Applicants who select Chinese-taught programs must submit Chinese proficiency certificate, while English proficiency certificate must be provided if applicants select English-taught programs. Language proficiency is mandatory to demonstrate adequate listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills at a certain level for university academic pursuit:
- For those who apply for English-taught programs, a minimum score of paper-based TOEFL (ITP) 500, roughly equivalent to internet-based (IBT) TOEFL 61, TOEIC 600, and IELTS level 5, is required. Applicants must take official language proficiency tests and report his/her scores to Asia University directly by submitting the report to the online application system . An exemption from English proficiency certificate may be granted if applicants have earned a diploma or degree in an English-speaking country.
- For those who apply for Chinese-taught programs, new TOCFL Level 5, roughly equivalent to old TOCFL Advanced-mid Level, CEFR B2, new HSK Level 5, and old HSK Level 6, is required. For Vietnamese applicants who choose Chinese-taught programs, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Offices (TECO) in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have announced new regulations starting from July 1st 2012 that only TOCFL test results are accepted for visa application. For more detailed information, please visit the official web site. Malaysian applicants who intend to apply for undergraduate programs must submit Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) and/or Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least a C-grade in Chinese Language Subject.