Students are encouraged to apply for scholarships provided by Taiwan government, such as Taiwan scholarship. Moreover, Asia University provides a limited number of scholarships each year for talented international students. All applicants may have an opportunity to compete for scholarships, depending on qualification of applicants, program admitted, and available budget. Applicants who have received Taiwan scholarship are not eligible to receive Asia University Scholarship.
Important regulations regarding Taiwan scholarship are listed as follows; detail information can be obtained at http://english.moe.gov.tw. Applicants shall submit all required documents, including the acknowledgement letter of receiving application issued by Asia University, to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office in his/her home country by the end of March.
Taiwan Embassy or Representative Offices will provide detail information of scholarship application (including selection criteria, scholarship types and quotas, application process, application period) in both Chinese and the local languages by January 31 of each year.
In principle, the application period is from February 1st through March 31st of each year. However, the actual application period will in accordance with dates provided by the local Taiwan Representative Offices.
Applicants must send the following documents within the specified period enclosed with their application to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office in his/her home country. Failure to include any of these documents renders the application incomplete, and the applicant will not be further considered for the scholarship, without further notice:
Taiwan Scholarship Application Form (available at the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office)
A copy of the applicant’s passport or other nationality certificates.
A copy of the highest degree and academic transcripts. If issued by international educational institutions, these documents must be authenticated by an overseas Representative Office or be sealed and delivered by the awarding institutions. Documents in a language other than Chinese or English must be translated into Chinese or English and the translated documents must be authenticated.
A copy of admission application materials to Asia University, e.g. the acknowledgement letter of receiving application that is issued by Asia University.
A copy of a language proficiency certificate:
Two letters of reference, signed and sealed in envelopes (i.e. from the principals, professors, or supervisors). Photo copies and email submissions of letters of recommendation will not be considered.
Additional documents as specified by the individual representative offices.
Upon reviewing applications and conducting interviews, the Taiwan Representative Offices will select successful candidates and alternate candidates which will be placed on a waiting list. Candidates and Asia University are to be notified by May 31 of each year.
Notification of admission is scheduled by June 20. Successful candidates should submit a copy of the admission letter issued by Asia University to their local Taiwan Representative Office for verification by June 30 of each year; should candidates fail to submit this letter within the specified time period, the candidates must submit a written explanation and request verification from their Representative Offices. Failure to be admitted into Asia University will result in a suspension from the Scholarship Program. Failure to submit documents within the specified time period will result in disqualification, and the candidates on the waiting list will be offered a scholarship. The list of recipients must be finalized no later than July 31st of each year.
Asia University Scholarship
Currently, Asia University offers different types of scholarships, as shown below. Applicants may compete for a limited number of scholarships, and the type of awarded scholarship is decided by the Admission and Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship A tuition waiver, dormitory fee waiver, and monthly stipend of NT$6,000
Scholarship B+ tuition waiver, dormitory fee waiver
Scholarship B tuition waiver
Scholarship C+ 50% tuition waiver, 50% dormitory fee waiver
Scholarship C 50% tuition waiver
To apply for Asia University scholarship, applicants must specify in the application form and submit it with all required application materials to the Center for International Academic Exchange. Awarded students in Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral programs are supported for at most four, two, and three years, respectively. An average score of less than 75 and 80 in previous academic year for undergraduate and graduate students, respectively, will result in disqualification of receiving scholarship. To enhance internationalization and cultural exchange on campus, students awarded the part of monthly stipend are mandatory to participate in activities/services (30 hours per semester) arranged by the Office of International College. Admitted PhD applicants who are qualified and willing to teach Southeast Asian languages (Indonesian, Thai, Malay or Vietnamese) three hours per week are guaranteed to receive Scholarship A.
Asia University Foreign Student Scholarship Guideline
- This KEY POINTS is promulgated by the Asia University (the University) as an inventive to encourage outstanding international students to apply for the University.
- The term of international students shall mean students bearing foreign nationality but not bearing status as overseas compatriot student and not bearing citizenship of the Republic of China, Taiwan.
- Up to 4 years of scholarship may be offered to undergraduate program, 2 years for graduate program, and 3 years for doctorate program.
- The budget account for the scholarship every academic year under this KEY POINTS shall be recorded under the International Academic Exchange Center, and the source of the fund shall be the student financial aid, which is appropriated from the tuition collected, provided by the University and the international student financial aid provided by the Ministry of Education.
- Subject to budget allocated each year, the University offers full exemption of tuition or scholarships of various types for certain number of students. The Review Committee of the International Academic Exchange Center shall first review the applicants according to academic performance, linguistic proficiency test score, subject of study, and other credentials. The passed candidates will be submitted to the president of the University for final awarding of scholarship.
- International students applying for this scholarship shall submit the Application Form for International Student Scholarship at the time of application for enrollment at the University to the International Academic Exchange Center.
- Those who have already awarded with full scholarship offered by our Government may not apply for this scholarship.
- Students qualified for scholarship may be disqualified if any of the followings applies:
- For undergraduate students, average score of the previous academic year is less than 75 points;
- For graduate and doctorate students, average score of the previous academic year is less than 80 points;
- Conduct score of the previous semester is less than 80 points or one or more minor demerits have been recorded will lead to one downgrade of scholarship; conduct score less than 75 points or one or more major demerits have been recorded will lead cancellation of scholarship;
- Students who fail to complete registration for the year of enrollment, having enrollment acceptance withheld, on temporary suspension, or transfer out of the University; or
- Repeat enrollment after temporary suspension.
- Students who falsify information or make untrue representation in enrollment application to cause this scholarship wrongfully awarded to them will have their scholarship qualification revoked and be held liable to return any and all scholarship already received.
- This KEY POINTS is promulgated with approval first from the Administrative Meeting and then the president of the University. Amendment of this Key POINTS shall follow the same.