|2020-11-16||Application to Spring admission 2021 closed.|
|2020-10-27||Spring admission 2021 will be open for application until Nov 15 (GMT+8) due to COVID-19|
|2020-07-15||Spring admission 2021 is open for application now!|
|2020-06-23||Spring admission 2021 will open on July 15, 2020.|
|2020-04-01||Fall admission 2020 has closed on March 31.|
The submission deadlines of regular admission application for spring and fall semesters are listed below. Only online application will be accepted. Applicants who are unqualified or submit incomplete documentation in their application will be rejected. In general, applications received after the deadline will not be processed. Submitted materials are not returned. In the event of special cases, please directly contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Spring semester 2021||Fall semester 2021|
|Application period||July 10, 2020|
November 15, 2020
|January 25, 2021
March 31, 2021
|Admission result announced||November 30, 2020||May 30, 2021|
|Confirm acceptance and fill out Enrolment Survey||December 6, 2020||June 15, 2021|
|Admission letters mailed||December 15, 2020||June 30, 2021|
1. Who is an international student?
A. An applicant must have foreign nationality and has never studied in Taiwan before as an overseas Chinese student at the time of application.
B. An applicant has never been admitted through admission placement by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese student in the year of application.
C. An applicant must apply in accordance with the “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” by the Ministry of Education.
2. Eligibility Check
If you are not sure whether you are eligible to apply as an international student, we suggest you go to school websites such as the National Taiwan University or National Chengchi University to check your eligibility.
3. Academic Qualification Requirements
- International applicants with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs;
- International applicants with a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for master’s degree programs;
- International applicants with a master’s degree are eligible to apply for a PhD programs.
Applicants must upload a complete set of application package consisting of the following items to the online application system by the deadline of admission application.
- Admission Application form attached with a 2-inch recent ID photo Download
- Highest-level diploma in English or Chinese from the school you attended
- Official transcript in English or Chinese from the school you attended
- Calculate your GPA: https://gpacalculator.io/
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study plan (for graduate programs only)
- One copy of passport
- One copy of the original bank deposit statement of at least US$5,000 within six months
- If the financial statement is not in the name of the applicant, a letter of affidavit from the sponsor must be included. Download
- Scholarship recipients may submit proof of award in lieu of a financial statement.
- Official TOEFL Score Report or IELTS Test Report Form (not necessary if you are a native speaker of English, or English is your official Language or medium of instruction)
- The highest-level diploma and transcript issued by an international education institution must be authenticated by an ROC embassy, consulate, representative office or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Taiwan, ROC., (hereinafter referred to as “a Taiwan’s overseas representative office”) . Graduating students are not required to hand in the diplomas during the application. However, once admitted, diploma and academic transcript of the highest academic degree and authenticated photocopy must be submitted at the time of registration, or admission will be cancelled.
- Asia University offers degree programs conducted in either English or Chinese. Applicants who select Chinese-taught programs must submit Chinese proficiency certificate; whereas English proficiency certificate must be provided if applicants select English-taught programs. Language proficiency is mandatory to demonstrate adequate listening, reading, speaking, and writing abilities at a certain level for university academic pursuit:
- A minimum score of paper-based TOEFL 500, computer-based TOEFL 173, internet-based TOEFL 61, TOEIC 600, or IELTS level 5 is required. Applicants must take official ETS TOEFL test and authorize ETS to release his/her TOEFL scores to Asia University directly by completing and submitting the official score report request form to ETS, and the institution code is 2362. An exemption for English proficiency certificate may be granted if applicants have earned a diploma or degree in an English-speaking country.
- For those who select Chinese-taught programs, new TOCFL Level 3, old TOCFL Learner Level, CEFR B2, new HSK Level 4, old HSK Level 6, or equivalent is the minimum level in Chinese proficiency. For Vietnamese applicants who choose Chinese-taught programs, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Offices (TECO) in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have announced new regulations starting from July 1st of 2012 that only TOCFL test results are accepted for visa application. For more detail information, please visit the official web site. Malaysian applicants who intend to apply for undergraduate programs must submit Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) and/or Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least a C-grade in Chinese Language Subject.