|2021-06-12~14||Happy Dragon Boat Festival! It is a three-day holiday from 6/12(Sat.) to 6/14(Mon.) for Taiwanese people. Therefore, it will be late for us to reply to the email and message during this period. (GMT+8)|
|2021-04-02~05||On Tomb Sweeping Day, families visit the gravesite of their ancestors to show their respect. Therefore, it will be late for us to reply to the email and message during this period.|
|2021-03-31||Application to Fall admission 2021 closed.|
|2021-02-10~16||It is Chinese New Year that everyone returns to his own hometown to celebrate the most important holidays for the Chinese people. Therefore, it will be late for us to reply to the email and message during this period.|
|2021-01-11||Fall admission 2021 will be open for application on January 25 (GMT+8).|
The application details for spring and fall programs are listed below. Only online application will be accepted. Applicants who are unqualified or submit incomplete documentation will be rejected directly. Please note that applications received beyond the deadline will not be processed and application documents will not be returned. For special cases, please contact our staff directly via email@example.com.
* Office hours: 8:00 am – 5:10 pm from Monday to Friday (break time from 12:00 pm – 13:10). (GMT+8)*
* If your application documents are incomplete, you will not pass the first review stage. *
|Fall semester 2021||Spring semester 2022|
|Application period||January 25, 2021|
March 31, 2021
|July 12, 2021
November 15, 2021
|Admission result announced||May 30, 2021||November 30, 2021|
|Confirm acceptance and fill out Enrollment Survey||June 15, 2021||December 6, 2021|
|Admission letters mailed||June 30, 2021||December 15, 2021|
1. Who are international students?
A. Students who have foreign nationality and are not students who possess the ROC passports.
B. Students who have never undertaken studies in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese students.
C. An applicant must apply in accordance with the “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan” by the Ministry of Education.
2. Academic Qualification Requirements
- International applicants with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs;
- International applicants with a bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for master’s degree programs;
- International applicants with a master’s degree are eligible to apply for a PhD programs.
Applicants must submit all required documents through the online application system by the application deadlines.
- Application form attached with a 2-inch recent ID photo Download
- Highest-level diploma in English or Chinese from the school you attended
- Official transcript in English or Chinese from the school you attended
- Calculate your GPA: https://gpacalculator.io/
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study plan (for graduate programs only)
- One copy of passport
- One copy of the financial statement with at least US$5,000 deposited within six months
- If the financial statement is not in the name of the applicant, a letter of affidavit from the sponsor must be included. Download
- Scholarship recipients may submit proof of award in lieu of a financial statement.
- Official TOEFL Score Report or IELTS Test Report Form (not necessary if you are a native speaker of English, or English is your official Language or medium of instruction)
- The highest-level diploma and transcript issued by the international academic institution must be authenticated by the ROC embassy, consulate, representative office or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Taiwan, ROC., (hereinafter referred to as “a Taiwan’s overseas representative office”) . Students who are not yet awarded diploma are not required to hand in the diplomas during the application. However, once admitted, students will be required to submit the highest-level diplomas and academic transcripts and authenticated photocopies by the time of enrollment, or the admission will be cancelled.
- Asia University offers degree programs conducted in either English or Chinese. Applicants who select Chinese-taught programs must submit Chinese proficiency certificate; whereas English proficiency certificate must be provided if applicants select English-taught programs. Language proficiency is mandatory to demonstrate adequate listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills at a certain level for university academic pursuit:
- A minimum score of paper-based TOEFL (ITP) 500, internet-based (IBT) TOEFL 61, TOEIC 600, or IELTS level 5 is required. Applicants must take official ETS TOEFL test and authorize ETS to release his/her TOEFL scores to Asia University directly by completing and submitting the official score report request form to ETS, and the institution code is 2362. An exemption for English proficiency certificate may be granted if applicants have earned a diploma or degree in an English-speaking country.
- For those who select Chinese-taught programs, new TOCFL Level 3, old TOCFL Learner Level, CEFR B2, new HSK Level 4, old HSK Level 6, or equivalent is the minimum level in Chinese proficiency. For Vietnamese applicants who choose Chinese-taught programs, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Offices (TECO) in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have announced new regulations starting from July 1st of 2012 that only TOCFL test results are accepted for visa application. For more detail information, please visit the official web site. Malaysian applicants who intend to apply for undergraduate programs must submit Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) and/or Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least a C-grade in Chinese Language Subject.